- A complete of 94 billionaires or their spouses have donated to former Vice President Joe Biden’s presidential marketing campaign, a Forbes evaluation of federal marketing campaign data exhibits.
- The billionaires behind Netflix, SlimFast, Hyatt hotels, LinkedIn, and Star Wars all donated numerous quantities to Biden’s election bid.
- Estée Lauder inheritor Ronald Lauder might have given $200,000 to President Donald Trump’s 2020 marketing campaign, however his spouse Jo Carole Lauder donated to Biden’s.
- A few of Biden’s billionaire donors gave solely the utmost allowed to his marketing campaign committee — $2,800 — and didn’t give massive items to Tremendous PACs like a lot of Trump’s wealthy donors did.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Joe Biden might not be a billionaire like his opponent, however he positive is in style amongst members of the three comma membership.
The previous vice chairman raked in donations from 94 billionaires, together with these behind Netflix, Hyatt inns, DreamWorks studios, LinkedIn, a Forbes evaluation of federal marketing campaign data and the journal’s personal Billionaires List discovered.
Not like President Trump’s billionaire backers, a number of of Biden’s donors gave solely the $2,800 maximum allowed per donor to a marketing campaign committee and didn’t pump further funds into Tremendous PACs or promoting. Nonetheless, over the course of his 13-month campaign, Biden has had a higher variety of billionaires or their spouses donate on to his marketing campaign than the president, who has solely landed 92 billionaire donors regardless of fundraising for his reelection since 2017.
Preserve studying to be taught extra about a few of Biden’s most notable billionaire backers, listed in no specific order.